Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandma...

My Grandma has been such an important part of my life. I have always had an amazing relationship with her and I'm so thankful for that. She is beauty, grace and quiet faith. An amazing mom to five children, grandma to ten (maybe a few more somewhere along the way) and great-grandma to eight. She rarely raises her voice and loves with all her heart. I can only hope that I can be like her someday.

As a little girl I would go to Columbus often to stay with her and grandpa. We always played Memory and Bargain Hunter, went shopping and always went to Evie's (grocery store). At Evie's she would get me a 1/2 dozen donut holes and let me eat them as we went thru the store (I always sat underneath the cart, the old school kind you could sit under)and she would pay for the empty bag at the checkout. Such a silly memory, but one I will always cherish.

As a teenager I still loved spending weekends and summers at her house. I actually met my first boyfriend in her neighborhood. She has always been one of my biggest fans and the feeling is mutual.

As an adult I love spending time with her just as much as I did when I was young. She loves my girls more than anything and I'm so blessed that they get to know her like I do. I love visiting with her. We always talk about past memories and I know that we both cherish everyone of them.

She is the beginning of a lifetime of love and I'm so thrilled that God allowed me to be a part of it.

I love you Grandma with all my heart <3

No comments: